Important information on how we hold your personal details and how we use it
Please take 5 minutes to look through it.
In order to comply with GDPR we are writing to inform you about the data we hold on file for you and how we use it.
We are a Data Controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
This Privacy Notice explains what Personal Data the agency holds, why we hold and process it, who we might share it with, and your rights and freedoms under the Law.
Types of personal data
The agency holds personal data in the following categories:
- Clients data relating to lettings, insurance policies and block management
- Staff employment data
- Contactors’ data
Why we process personal data (what is the “purpose”)
“Process” means we obtain, store, update and archive data.
- Client data is held for the purpose of providing clients with details and information relating to properties for rentals purposes.
- Staff employment data is held in accordance with Employment, Taxation and Pensions law
- Contractors’ data is held for the purpose of property maintenance
What is the lawful basis for processing personal data?
The Law says we must info you that
- We hold client data because it is in our legitimate interest to do so. Without holding the data we cannot work effectively.
- We hold staff employment data because it is a legal obligation to do so.
- We hold contractors’ data because it is in our legitimate interest to do so.
Who might we share your data with?
We can only share data if done securely and it is necessary to do so. This will typically be to maintenance contractors, utility companies or other property professionals including tenant referencing agencies and insurance companies when obtaining quotes on your behalf for property insurance. We will only ever share your data with your consent. We will never sell your data on.
You have the right to:
- Be informed about the personal data we hold and why we hold it.
- Access a copy of your data that we hold by contacting us directly: we will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one month or sooner.
- Check the information we hold about you is correct and to make corrections if not
- Have your data erased in certain circumstances
- Transfer your data to someone else if you tell us to do so and it is safe and legal to do so.
- Tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain circumstances.
How long is the personal data stored for?
- We will store tenant and landlord data for as long as we are managing the tenancy and for two years after the tenancy ends.
- We must store employment data for six years after an employee has left.
- We will store contractors’ data for two years after the contactor has ceased working with us.
What if you are not happy or wish to raise a concern about our data processing?
Please speak to Richard Sherwood or Emma Gallagher on 01246 272740, who will discuss any concerns with you or you can contact GDC complaints department / Data protection concern – ICO
What to do next
If you are happy with the way we are keeping your data safe and are happy to continue with our services- You don’t have to do anything.
If you are concerned about any aspect of this policy then please call us on 01246 272740