We fully appreciate that letting a property can be a daunting process, especially if you are new to the area or first time renting and we are more than happy to guide you through the process and supply all the information to make your search stress free.
We can help with your budget and want you to be happy in your new home.
We believe in transparency and so from your initial interest in a property we will set out clearly all fees you will incur which will include reservation deposit and your security deposit held by the TDS – a Government approved scheme.
Securing your home:
We will ask you for a reservation deposit to state your intention. This is a non-refundable deposit and will cover any administration fees and referencing.
On behalf of your Landlord we will ask for references for each person on the tenancy.
Moving in day:
On the day of signing the following will be required:
- First month’s rent
- Deposit as stated and agreed
Under current regulations, we will supply you with the following information:
- A copy of an up to date Landlord’s Gas Safety Certificate
- A copy of the Energy Performance Certificate
- Prescribed Information from The Dispute Service and their leaflet “What is the Tenancy Deposit Scheme?” ,
- “How to…. Rent” a guide from HM Government, specifically for the private rented sector
- Guidance regarding Legionalla
- A full photographic and written inventory
You will be asked to check the inventory of the property and sign each page if you are in agreement. You will have 7 days after you move in to the property to make any additions to the inventory.
The keys for your new home will be available for collection on this day.
When your initial fixed term has expired Roy Peters asks all tenants provide 1 month’s written notice (by post or email) should you wish to vacate the property.
When your tenancy is coming to an end, we will advise you of the following:
- To return your keys on a certain due date
- We will take the meter readings and advise the utility companies and council that you have moved out
- We will return your deposit after agreeing any issues/dilapidation with you and your landlord based on the ingoing Inventory and the outgoing check of the condition of the property.
- We offer a pre check out Inspection service to advise of any issues within the property that may require attention. A full report is sent out to you with all discussed items noted for clarity.
Administration Fee per Property £ 125.00 inc. VAT
Administration Fee for new Joint Tenant £ 65.00 inc. VAT
Check out and Inventory per Property on vacation £ 50.00 inc. VAT
Tenancy Renewals £ 25.00 inc. VAT
Letter re Breach of Contract £ 25.00 inc. VAT
Charge for Representing a Cheque £ 20.00 inc. VAT
Admin Costs for refund if Standing Order is not cancelled £ 25.00 inc. VAT
Penalty for early Vacation subject to conditions 1 Month’s Rent
The Association of Residential Letting Agents, ARLA
The National Approved Letting Scheme and Safe Agents, NALS
The Property Ombudsman Lettings, TPO lettings
We have Client Money Protection and are Members of the
TPO Redress Scheme